LAN is a connection of computers in an organization. It has several benefits like sharing of resources, centralization, domain controller, security and faster processing of data.
• Workstations can share peripheral devices like printers. This is cheaper than buying a printer for every workstations.
• Workstations do not necessarily need their own hard disk or CD-ROM drives which make them cheaper to buy than stand-alone PCs.
• User can save their work centrally on the network’s file server. This means that they can retrieve their work from any workstation on the network.
• They don’t need to go back to the same workstation all the time.
• Users can communicate with each other and transfer data between workstations very easily.
• One copy of each application package such as a word processor, spreadsheet etc. can be loaded onto the file and shared by all users.
• When a new version comes out, it only has to be loaded onto the server instead of onto every workstation.
However, if your computer gets disconnected from the network then you’ll not be able to use networked resources at all. It becomes quite necessary to fix the problem as soon as possible and get connected with network again in order to continue the work.
Are you facing problems in networking either through Ethernet wire or Wi-Fi? Then get help of SGT get fixed such network issues on top-priority. We offer,
- Wireless & Networking